Monday, June 02, 2008

New York, New York


New York was a blast. We did a lot of site seeing and ate a lot of wonderful food. We started out visiting my cousin Clint to pick up our Yankee's tickets and to catch up a little bit. This is a picture of Clint and Scott on the top of Clint's apartment building.



Our seats for the Yankees game were great. We sat in the lower level directly behind home plate. There were several homeruns and the Yankees won 12-6. After the game we had dinner with Jason's friend and then had drinks at a bar on top of the building. We were right in between the Chrysler Building and the Empire State Building it was pretty cool until we saw how much we were paying for a drink. I hope Jen enjoyed her $15 martini because I know I enjoyed by $9 bottle of beer.
Sunday we were a lot more active. We saw about everything there was to see downtown New York City. We walked the Brooklyn Bridge, saw the Statue of Liberty, ground zero, Wall Street, Chinatown, Little Italy, and I'm sure there are other things that I can't remember right now. That evening we ate at a wonderful mexican restaurant called Maya.


Monday we walked out of our hotel into a street festival and enjoyed crepes from one of the vendors, then saw St. Patrick's Cathedral, walked down 5th Ave, to Central Park, then to Time Square and Bryant Park. Since we saw everything on Sunday and Monday that we had set out to see. We had a lot more relaxing day on Tuesday. We went down to the Today Show, had breakfast in Rockafeller Plaza, then went on the NBC Studio tour. We then went and hung out in entral Park. Jen got to see them setting up for the premier of Sex and the City, which Jen really wanted to hang outside of to see all of the stars, but we had dinner plans with my cousin and his girlfriend that evening. Dinner was great. We ate at a nice steakhouse, had lots of beers and I think we scared the crap out of Clint's girlfriend with all of our stories from back home. I guess we'll see if she makes it to Jennifer and Chad's wedding.
When we got back I was surprised Friday evening with a wonderful 30th birthday party at Victory Field. Jen arranged all of this without me knowing and had a lot of my friends and family there to enjoy baseball, food and some frosty beverages. The Indians won, we had fireworks after the game and everyone enjoyed themselves. It was by far the coolest birthday I have ever had. Who says turning 30 is a bad thing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys so much. I love the pictures of new york, and of course mia and Berkley. Those two together could make for entertainment themselves. I want to go back to New York so bad just because theres still so much I haven't seen. Sorry about missing the birthday party. I'll just have to take you guys out sometime. Yes I know, me take you guys out? I owe it to you guys for all you've done for me. Take care. Love you guys. Later